Google is a powerful search engine and can be a fantastic tool for promoting your small business. In addition to solid SEO standing for search results, an up-to-date and monitored Google Business Profile, formerly known as Google My Business, can act as your free digital storefront. Their basic profile allows you to communicate necessary information such as business hours, contact information, products or services, and photos. And when at least 64 percent of consumers are using Google Business Profiles to find information on local businesses, it is not something you should ignore.
This guide will walk you through the basics of creating and managing your profile, including:
- Creating your profile
- Claiming your listing
- Optimizing your page
Creating your profile
First things first, to create your Google Business Profile, navigate to google.com/business.
If you don’t already have a Google profile, you can sign in and sign up for an account. Once signed in, search for your business name to see if it’s already listed. If your business already has a listing, you can simply click “Manage” and follow the verification steps to claim the page. If your business is not listed, you can select “Add your business to Google.” From there, fill out the prompts to complete your basic profile and select “Finish.”
Claiming your listing
Anyone can add a business to Google. Claiming your business gives you control over the information and the freedom to optimize the Google Business Profile. To claim your business:
- Search for your business on Google Maps or use the link that was sent to you via email when you created your Google Business Profile.
- Select “Claim this business” from the menu options located on the left-hand side of the map and complete the requested information.
- If you created the profile, you should be able to claim your business immediately. If the listing was already created, you must follow the verification steps to confirm your authority.
Optimizing your page
On average, businesses receive 943 search views of their Google Business Profile listing on a Google search results page each month, and 317 Google map views.
With all this traffic, you must optimize your Google Business Profile, especially considering that almost half of all searchers do NOT click beyond the search page. This means searchers are NOT traveling to your website to gather more information most of the time.
Within your listing, I’s important to ensure thoroughness and accuracy to gain the attention you’re looking for. In particular, be sure to focus on the following:
- Complete every section of your Google Business Profile account, including a complete “from the business” description
- Be meticulous with contact information
- Publish Google posts at least once every seven days
- Upload new photos weekly
- Collect and respond to reviews and questions
By doing so, you’ll help your profile rank higher in search results, giving potential clients and customers a better chance of finding you. You’ll also hold the interest of searchers by having all the information they could potentially be looking for in one easy-to-find place.
Do you need help? You’re in luck! At Red Shoes Inc., we’ll manage your Google Business Profile for you so you can focus on other needs of your business. This is what you can expect from us:
- We’ll find out if your business is listed already
- Create your profile if it isn’t listed
- Claim your profile for you if it is listed
- Optimize your page
- Get your business listed in directories
- Get people to review your business
- Provide ongoing management
Don’t hesitate to call us today at (920) 574-3253 to get your Google Business Profile where it needs to be.