Red Shoes is currently looking for someone for its business manager position. If you think you’re a fit, please email your resume to email@example.com.
SUMMARY: This position is a critical part of the extended leadership team of Red Shoes Inc., reporting to the president. The business manager directly manages the agency’s financials, all matters and programs related to employees, and has primary responsibility for agency operational needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Displays agency values: Respect, Curiosity, Creativity, Teamwork, Tenacity and Integrity.
- Directs the financial activities of the agency, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, receipt entry, statement reconciliation, and monthly and year-end reporting. Assists with monthly invoicing of client work and follows up on overdue payments.
- Works closely with Red Shoes accountant and banker
- Maintains the quality of the agency vendor management program, including negotiating terms and business insurance plans
- Contributes to strategic planning for the organization, tracks monthly projections and creates and maintains agency annual budget.
- Responsible for all human resources functions including full cycle recruitment, onboarding, training and development, benefit administration, compensation and performance management.
- Processes semi-monthly payroll
- Operations responsibilities include oversight of the network and phone systems, admin duties on server and multiple programs and being the point person for office management/vendor needs, such as printer/copiers, shredding, mail, etc.
- Fosters a work environment of high ethical and service standards, professional competence and overall team engagement.
- Maintains and updates policies and procedures for employees and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strategic Planning – in conjunction with the Red Shoes Leadership Team, determines the direction of Red Shoes.
- Communication – Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Decision Making – Displays sound judgment when making decisions, at times with limited information; follows organizational policies and procedures; aware of implications of state and federal regulations; ability to make complex decisions in line with agency’s mission, vision and values.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to other ideas and tries new things.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Human Resources, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of five years of direct supervisory experience in human resources preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years demonstrated experience with bookkeeping, QuickBooks Online experience strongly preferred
- Minimum five years payroll processing experience.
COMPLIANCE ACCOUNTABILITIES: The business manager must act in accordance with Red Shoes Inc. policies and procedures, complete all required compliance training/continuing education within specified timeframe, and maintain a thorough knowledge of all internal operating procedures, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.